Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Design Explorer Creating/Destroying Domains

• moranlouie
      Subscriber

HI, All

I'm using Design Explorer in my graduate thesis. I need to generate response surfaces that characterize the effect of specific changes in geometry of an electronic device prototype (sample shown) on direct deformation along Y and stresses. I also need to use Direct Optimization to tweak variable dimensions. One of these parameterized dimensions cuts one of the domains into two or more new domains, as shown.

Is there a way I can let DE do this while retaining the original material assignments from the original domain? The material assignments are forgotten; or rather, the new domains are not given the same material assignment as an original parent domain, as shown by the solver. Also, I obviously parameterize the solution monitors; however, monitors for stress and direct deformation are assigned to the specific domain being cut, which I need. Is there a setting that could allow newly created domains retain or inherit solution monitor assignments from an original parent domain.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      If you're using DesignModeler make sure the Named Selection is assigned before the model is split. The labels should then be retained. Then connect mesh, boundary settings etc to the Named Selection. Not sure if that'll follow into Mechanical, but hopefully can confirm.
    • Aniket
      Ansys Employee
      Thanks, yes, ideally that should work. Create a named selection for everything that is being used downstream and use material assignment object scoped to named selection.
      -Aniket
      How to access Ansys help links
      Guidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forum
    • moranlouie
      Subscriber
      I will try that. Thanks!
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.