3D Design

3D Design

• Prasadpk15
      Subscriber

How to create two separate bodies in the ansys?

Or How two assemble two parts of the body in Ansys?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Please make a sketch of what you want to create and insert an image of that in your reply.

• Prasadpk15
      Subscriber

• Prasadpk15
      Subscriber

In a vessel, I wanted to add water and air in the remaining space

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Watch the Tutorial videos on SpaceClaim. See link on right.

Then you can draw a circle, and Pull it into a solid. Click on the top face of the first solid, Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V to copy/paste a surface. Using the Pull tool, click the No Merge option and Pull the surface into a second solid.

• Raef.Kobeissi
      Subscriber
      You dont need to create 2 parts for this simulation. 1 rectangle would suffice and when you export it to Fluent you have to patch the area with the relevant fluid you want. I am assuming you will be using VOF method.
    • Prasadpk15
      Subscriber

Thanks.. it worked.

I am using ANSYS Fluent for the simulation of boiling water in a cooker. I have a doubt in applying boundary conditions.

In simulation I am providing constant heat supply of 100 W from bottom of the vessel.  The temperature of the water will increase with time due to constant heat supply. There will be convective heat transfer from inner bottom wall of the vessel to water above it.

So in boundary condition for inner bottom wall of vessel and water interface, do I have to mention free stream temperature and heat transfer coefficient or does Fluent take it automatically??

• Prasadpk15
      Subscriber

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

I think the wall at the bottom of the vessel would just have a Heat Flux boundary condition.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.