March 9, 2023 at 8:11 amMilne AndoSubscriber
Due to Karman vortex street forming behind the cylinder, properties(velocity, pressure profile)of the outlet must be not uniform. In this case, pressure outlet is used and I wonder that
- what is pressure profile multiplier? (user guide doesn't explain it much)
- how many time the diameter of the cylinder is far enough away from the outlet to the cylinder?(at least)
- for backflow pressure specification, I have no idea which one is suitable. Any suggestion?
Hope someone can help me out, thank you.
March 9, 2023 at 11:19 amDrAmineAnsys Employee
Details about the options for pressure outlet to be found in the Fluent User's Guide. If not using profile the profile multiplier is not used at all.
You should place the outlet at least 10-20 times the diameter of our pipe. The best place is really where you can provide reasonable backflow stagnation quantities if reversa flow is expected to occur or best where no reversal flow is expected. I would say free stream gauge pressure is the way to go.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
- Using GPU in FLUENT
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.