February 10, 2023 at 4:57 pmjavat33489Subscriber
Hi all. How to solve such a problem. Putting a steel part in acid and then putting that state of the part into static analysis and pressure?
February 13, 2023 at 1:11 pmAshish KhemkaForum Moderator
Can you elaborate on what will happen when you put the steel in acid?
February 13, 2023 at 5:39 pmjavat33489Subscriber
for example, if aluminum is immersed in a certain acid, it will begin to oxidize and become thinner
February 14, 2023 at 4:23 pmSaiDAnsys Employee
Finite element analysis method (that Ansys Mechanical solver or Autodyn solver or LS-DYNA solver uses) cannot simulate corrosion. If you can find another method/way to model the thinning of the parts due to being immersed in acid and get the final dimensions of your part, then you can simulate the effect of forces, pressures and other mechanical loads on this part in Ansys Mechanical.
Hope this helps.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
- A solver pivot warning or error has been detected
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.