Fluids

Fluids

Details of CFF for .h5 files

Tagged: ,

• KChauhan
      Subscriber
      Hi,nIt is great to see that the latest version of Fluent allows exporting of data in .h5 format. I am able to read the various 'datasets' however am struggling to understand the how the data is arranged. Can someone please direct me to the documentation for Common Fluids Format (CFF) or details of how 3D simulation data in .h5 format is arranged in the case and data files.nThanks,nKapiln
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      nAlso check 3.3. Reading and Writing Case and Data Files from Fluent User's Guide.n
    • KChauhan
      Subscriber
      Hi Amine,nThanks for the reply. Sorry, I didn't see the notification earlier so couldn't respond. I know of these resources and am able to read data in Matlab using h5read. My question is about the Common Fluids Format that is used by Fluent in writing the h5 files. Specifically, I want to know how can one identify zones in the .dat.h5 files so that only certain parts of the data can be read. Further, having the description of each 'dataset' in the h5 file would be of great help too. Please see the screenshot below for an example of where I have the confusion.nThanks,nKapilnn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      We don't have anything other than documentation that we can share on here at present. Following UDF syntax (in the manual) c0 and c1 may refer to wall facet and adjacent cell but I can't confirm or check that. Historically when I wanted to open Fluent data sets in another package I created a really simple model with distinctive surface and volume names and around 100 cells. If you then patch in unique numbers for each data field you can then try and work out what the format is when opening in a text editor. n
    • KChauhan
      Subscriber
      Thanks, Rob.nThat's a good suggestion. I shall try to do that and will post if I work the details out.nCheers,nKapiln
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.