November 21, 2022 at 8:52 pmferruccio.pisanelloSubscriber
How can we implement a polarizer before a detector/monitor in fdtd? From a monitor, we can get amplitude and phase information of E/H field components. How we can calculate the power going in a specific polarization?
as in this example,
one can get P and S polarized transmittance. How can it be done for angles other than 0 and 90?
November 22, 2022 at 6:54 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
As you know, the power is calculated through integration of the Poynting vector. So if you know the polarization you could calculate the power from the formula. If it is plane wave,it is easy to use abs(E)^2. If not, you need to get H. Since you mentioned P and S, it means it is in farfiled. You can use abs(E)^2 and integrate it, and then normalized with the source power to get the transmission. related scripts are
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.