Fluids

Fluids

Determining the cause of negative pressure.

• sam_5195
      Subscriber

Hello!

I am trying to simulate 3D flow over solar panels and determine what kind of loads do they face in a high speed wind storm type of situation.

the wind is coming from behind them and the streamlines take the shape above. Then i constructed 3 lines near the top of the panels and attempted to find out the variable pressure from right to left.

When i plotted these lines in a chart, the pressure just below the panels where the density of streamlines is less came out to be a negative value.

I thought they may come out to be low but i don't know why they come out to be negative. Is this maybe because the air above the panels is moving at a faster rate and therefore have lower pressure than the air between the panels and thus the air gets sucked upwards and leaves a negative pressure between the panels. Please share if there is any other rational explanation for the phenomenon. Thanks.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Please can you post some contour plots of the pressure & velocity fields.  As ANSYS staff we're very limited in answering physics questions, so may only be able to guide rather than give a full answer: non-staff members of the community are not limited in this way. 

• sam_5195
      Subscriber

Thanks for the reply. This is the pressure contour. I didn't take a velocity contour screenshot earlier but i guess a little info can be extracted from the streamlines screenshot.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

You are just looking into the values of the Gauge Pressure. Please check the values of the Absolute Pressure.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Please also check your operating pressure and location of reference pressure. 

Following video is just fore reference. 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.