Photonics

Photonics

DGTD having STL files does not work

Tagged: 

• sito
      Subscriber

One of our customers has been looking into electric field at a small gap by using DGTD (2021R2). He pointed out that DGTD does not work when a STL file is inserted. He asked me to investigate the reason.

I downloaded a STL file that fabricates a sphere from the following site. https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sphere.stl

When the STL file was inserted into FDTD, the simulation was properly run, as described in the attached file. However, when it was inserted into DGTD, it was not possible to even apply the simulation mesh. I changed some parameters, though, I was not able to solve that.

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee
      Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. A bug report will be filed, and you will be notified once it is fixed. Have a nice day!
    • sito
      Subscriber
      Thank you very much for addressing this issue. Please let me know when it is fixed.
    • sito
      Subscriber
      Can you please let me know whether this issue has been solved?
    • Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee
      Once it is solved, I will let you know.
      But since the development team has a lot of preset projects, this one will take more time. You can file a feature request at ix. please refer Vote new features, and file your feature request
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.