January 13, 2022 at 5:57 amsitoSubscriber
One of our customers has been looking into electric field at a small gap by using DGTD (2021R2). He pointed out that DGTD does not work when a STL file is inserted. He asked me to investigate the reason.
I downloaded a STL file that fabricates a sphere from the following site. https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sphere.stl
When the STL file was inserted into FDTD, the simulation was properly run, as described in the attached file. However, when it was inserted into DGTD, it was not possible to even apply the simulation mesh. I changed some parameters, though, I was not able to solve that.January 13, 2022 at 5:50 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeThank you for bringing this issue to our attention. A bug report will be filed, and you will be notified once it is fixed. Have a nice day!
January 18, 2022 at 12:57 amsitoSubscriberThank you very much for addressing this issue. Please let me know when it is fixed.
February 1, 2022 at 12:25 amsitoSubscriberCan you please let me know whether this issue has been solved?
February 2, 2022 at 5:52 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeOnce it is solved, I will let you know.
But since the development team has a lot of preset projects, this one will take more time. You can file a feature request at ix. please refer Vote new features, and file your feature request
Viewing 4 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Lumerical support has moved to the Ansys Learning Forum (ALF)
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- focusing efficiency
Top Rated Tags