General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Difference between ANSYS and Marc for Anisotropic Hyperelastic Materials…

• pgl
      Ansys Employee

Is there a difference between ANSYS and Marc for defining Anisotropic Hyperelastic Materials?

• Arun
      Ansys Employee

Yes there may be a difference. It can be difficult to compare the same or similar material models in different FEA codes. In ANSYS, the anisotropic hyperelastic model is assuming one 'family' or pair of fibers, whereas Marc allows for up to 10.

• BINOYTA
      Subscriber

I tried to do simulate a hyper elastic model in workbench 16.0. I created by adding mooney - rivlin 5 parameters material modelling. I have given the 5 material constants as well as the uni axial test data for stress strain relationships and also applied a negative pressure in the material model. I tried to run the simulation many times but still ends up in errors saying that "The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the non linear problem as constrained.

What may be the reasons?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

There are over 250 posts that contain the words "unable to converge" on this site.  Here is the Google Search results. You will find there are many reasons for this error.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.