March 14, 2021 at 5:57 amapr37Subscriber
I am installing Ansys Em Suite 2021 R1. When Choosing to Install Distributed Simulation Technologies, I am presented two options: Intel MPI and Microsoft MPI. I have a few questions:
- What is the difference between these two choices?
- is it important that all the computers I use in a HPC configuration are using the same MPI?
- IBM MPI used to be an option but it is not an option now. Is there a reason for this? Is the Microsoft MPI a direct replacement?
AlexMarch 15, 2021 at 3:02 pmRandy KosarikAnsys EmployeeHi Alex IBM Platform MPI was discontinued on April 30, 2020.
At the AnsysEM2020R1 release, the IBM Platform MPI option was replaced by MS MPI.
Are you distributing via AnsoftRSMService or a Windows Server 2016 w/ HPC addon scheduler?
-- AnsoftRSMService would use Intel MPI. In this situation, you would install Intel MPI on each computer and register each user's credentials. MS MPI is not a valid option in this situation.
-- Windows HPC scheduler can use either Intel or MS MPI. However, you would most likely use MS MPI as it is installed with the scheduler addon. MS MPI authentication is done automatically via AD.
March 18, 2021 at 2:48 amapr37SubscriberI am using RSM service per the guidance I received in this thread:
(link here for fellow readers)
so I have installed the Intel MPI and I am up and running.
Thank you Randy!
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Error with workbench SceneGraphChart
- Workbench error
- Workbench not opening
- How can I renew ANSYS student version license?
- License Error
- Sizing on Ansys Workbench 19.2
- Error: Exception of type ‘Ansys.Fluent.Cortex.Cortex not availableException’ was thrown
- Licensing error while opening ANSYS Mechanical
- An error occurred when the post processor attempted to load a specific result.
- Problem with FlexNet Licensing
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.