July 19, 2018 at 11:23 amJoseph LimSubscriber
I am very interested to know what is the main difference between the line body and solid body of the reinforcement? I have read a number of journals and I realise that most of the journals are using the line body for the steel reinforcement in the beam. This trigger my interest to know more about the line body, for example, what will happen if I am not using the line body for the reinforcement? Will it affect the performance of beam?
Thank you in advance.
July 19, 2018 at 12:27 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
If you haven't seen it, this article from the manual talks about some limitations of using line bodies. In essence, we are using different elements which have different shape functions and DOFs and they all have different limitations. So, if your modeling needs can work with these limitations I believe you should go ahead and use line bodies as they offer more computational efficiency.
July 19, 2018 at 2:19 pmJoseph LimSubscriber
Thank you for your suggestion and help.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.