April 26, 2023 at 9:41 amchaowSubscriber
I got a little confused about the calculation of power coupling between two modes.
Given the overlap equation:
overlap =∣∣ ∣∣Re[(∫E1×H∗2⋅dS)(∫E2×H∗1⋅dS)∫E1×H∗1⋅dS]1Re(∫E2×H∗2⋅dS)∣∣ ∣∣,
how the power coupling is further calculated from the equation above?
April 27, 2023 at 1:06 amAmrita PatiAnsys Employee
The difference between overlap and power coupling is explained in the following video:
Please let me know if you have any further questions.
April 27, 2023 at 2:21 amchaowSubscriber
Hi dear Amrita,
thank you so much for your quick reply. Your link is really helpful and has resolved my confusion!
April 27, 2023 at 4:05 amAmrita PatiAnsys Employee
Glad I could help!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.