General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Difference in result file for different Ansys versions in HPC

• Praveen95
      Subscriber

Dear Ansys Community,

I am using a student license for Ansys Workbench 2020.

I generated the input file and submitted the job in HPC. I wanted to check the quickness with which different versions solve the job. So I tried the 3 cases.

1. running the job in shared memory parallel with 20 cores with 2019 version

2. running the same job in distributed parallel with 20 cores with 2019.

3. running the same job in distributed parallel with 20 cores with 2020.

Now, my question is 1st and 2nd cases give same sized result file. But 2020 with distributed memory parallel gives very less size compared to others and additionally a .db file is generated.

Please help me to find where the error is and it is not a problem to solve the input file generated in 2020 version in Ansys 2019 in HPC ?

Best Regards

Praveen

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee

1. How much is the difference between the size of the rst file for 2 and 3?

• Praveen95
      Subscriber

Dear Aniket, Thanks for the reply. The second case is having total of 27gb and the third one is having 18 gb. Best Regards Praveen

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee

ok, and did you get a chance to check the results? Are those are the same? It could be possible that some outres options changed over the versions or result file compression.

How is it affecting in your case?

-Aniket

How to access Ansys Online Help Document

How to show full resolution image

Guidelines on the Student Community

How to use Google to search within Ansys Student Community

• Praveen95
      Subscriber

The results are the same. But once, I could not import those results (in transient thermal) to Static structural. It showed an error as shown below:

The same importing thermal loads was carried out next using the result file having more size. This error I did not see even though it took 10 hours to import.

My thinking is the result with more size(2nd case) should have given this error as it has more data than result file from case 3.

So, I need to see whether there be any difference in the result if we use different versions of Ansys

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.