June 9, 2023 at 1:40 pmZehava BernsteinSubscriber
I tried to make simulations of a structure with slotted discs (picture attached).
Because the structure is planned to be 100 microns long, I thought to simulate it in varFDTD.
In order to test the reliability of varFDTD, I made comparisons in a simple simulation between varFDTD and FDTD and I got completely different transmission results.
structure (top view):
Has anyone encountered anything similar? Why are there such large differences between the identical simulations?
Is there anything I need to configure differently? Could it be that the structure is not compatible with varFDTD?
June 9, 2023 at 4:48 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
No they are not identical in the discrete mesh even though the device configuration is the same. It might be due to shorter simulation time. Have you checked the mode source and the polrization is exactly the same?
Please reduce the autoshutoff min, increase the simulation time, and make sure the mode is the same. The result from varfdtd looks incorrect. Make sure the reference green point is on the waveguide core.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.