June 18, 2021 at 6:08 pmspacelover17Subscriber
I am trying to simulate a planar solar cell right now (to which I will eventually add pyramids). Because of the height of the pyramids, I want to eventually make the FDTD region taller. But when I do that, even when nothing else is changed, the reflection spectrum changes (and I measured the mesh size at the source and reflection monitor and they were still the same).
Here's the spectrum when z_max = 1.1 um for the FDTD region:June 21, 2021 at 9:09 pmGuanhui WangAnsys EmployeeHi spacelover17
Thank you for the post. So the only thing has changed in the simulation is the z-span value right. I can think of a couple of things you can try that may help with this case. You may want to try to fix the mesh cell size in z direction as well, because changing the z-span some times changes the mesh size in the z direction and affects the exact loccation of the monitors. You may also want to thicken the PML boundary for better absortion (less reflection). Please give these a try and let me know if they can help.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.