April 19, 2023 at 7:16 amWENKAI YANGSubscriber
Recently I want to pursue the dynamic operation of a ring modulator. It means that I need to measure the BER and eyediagram, etc. So I did the experiment based on the example called Ring modulator time domain. The URL is below:
The example uses straight waveguide instead of mode waveguide to simplify the simulation, but I still need to use mode waveguide to start the experiment. However, during the experiment I found that once I use the mode waveguide, the FSR of transmission spectrum under impulse response mode become smaller as shown in Figure below:
From the example, the exxperiment is feasible only when the transmission spectrum of scattering analysis and impulse response are same as shown below:
In this case, I wonder what is the problem.
Thank you and wish your reply.
May 5, 2023 at 11:38 pmGuanhui WangAnsys Employee
Hi WENKAI YANG,
I feel like this is related to the digital filter setting in the MODE Waveguide element. Please make sure you use the "group delay" option for the number of taps estimation. If this is not the problem, please send us the file for debugging. Thank you.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.