General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Different result for a unique APDL code

• Farhad Hallaji Zahmatkesh
      Subscriber

Hi all,

I am running an APDL code in mechanical APDL environment (not workbench). I run my code for the first time and I get some results. When I re-run exactly the same code, it gives me different results with more than 15 percents difference!

Although I used FINI and then /clear command in my code, but It seems that Ansys still uses some data from the previous simulation. So, is there anyone who can help me to fix this problem?

• Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee

Hi

If I Issue this:

FINISH  
      /CLEAR,START
      /input,start,ans,’C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v222\ANSYS\apdl\’  

With this I can have the same input separated by the above and every time it gives the same results as it should

Subscriber

I tried your command also, It still gives me two different results!

• Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee

That is very strange since I tried this  and it works.

Can you take the input from VM1 (VM1 Input Listing (ansys.com)) then paste it in a file, add the above 3 lines and then paste vm1 again after them and run that.

Gives exact the same reactions both times (600 and 900 N)

Thank you

Subscriber

The most important command is /clear that I have already used it in my code. In vm1 when we do not add /clear, it gives us different results (as we expect).

Can I send my code to you to take a look at it?

• Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee

Hi

Expalin what you are trying to do clearly as this is a bit confusing.

Feel also free to paste your apdl code into a reply here and perhaps someone will have an idea of why this is.

All the best

Erik

Subscriber

Hi again Erik and other Ansys users,

Here I have attached the APDL code along with the geometry file with anf format.

If you run the code as it is and check the result for SMAX failure criteria, the maximum value is 1.03. Then read the run.dat for the second time,or use the RE-RUN button, and check the SMAX value which is 0.85 again! You can also check other results such as X-component of displacement.

Please let me know if you need more information or clarification.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.