Fluids

Fluids

Different Results when I use the “Imprint Faces” tool in S-shaped Duct

• Aspa
      Subscriber

Hello,

I've been trying to model a turbofan's intercompressor duct in CFX in which I also added 2 horizontal extensions before and after it. I tried two different ways, (1)by designing, meshing and modelling the whole duct altogether and (2) by separating the "real" duct using the "Imprint Faces" tool in DesignModeler. Even though I use the same meshing options and boundary conditions in the two cases I get different results (pressure losses). Is there a way the results could be affected by this design change?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Did both cases converge? Whilst the cell size may be set the same, is the mesh quality and resolution the same in both cases?
    • Aspa
      Subscriber
      Yes both cases converged with the same boundary conditions and the same mesh characteristics (quality, resolution etc). The only difference is in the geometry as you can see in the pictures.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Now show the mesh on both, ideally so we can see the rotated face and annular face.
      As an aside you want to be updating to 2021R1 as R19 is 3 years old now and you'll lose access to the Student licence for that release in a few months because of the changes that came in this year.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.