Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Different thickness to tube body

• ShubhaPatil16
      Subscriber

I designed the model in cad software. I created its midsurface, trimmed and combined it in catia. It has now converted to single part. But I want to give different thickness to the selected green surfaces. How can I do?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      nDon't combine the surfaces in Catia. Let them be five separate surfaces, then each surface can have its own thickness assigned. You can put the five surfaces in a multibody part so that the mesh is congruent (Shared Topology).n
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      As suggested by Peter, please do not combine surfaces in Catia. nIf you want them in DM, you can use Concept -- Surfaces from faces. This way you can copy the faces. The original can be suppress with right click. nPlease see help manual for more details about these commands. nRegards,nKeyurnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning ForumnHow to access ANSYS help linksnn
    • ShubhaPatil16
      Subscriber
      Yes I will not combine in catia. Do you mean I should select all surfaces in deign modeler> right click>form new part n
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      Yes, that will allow you to have a congruent mesh but still assign different thicknesses (or materials).n
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.