April 20, 2018 at 2:27 amrra23Subscriber
I'm a new ANSYS user and I am getting some problem to replicate the tutorial below:
Could someone give me some advice about it? I mean, I'm trying to replicate this tutorial and the results are not matching.
- Could it be because of the element type I choose (SHELL281)?
- Is it necessary to apply something else on the boundary coundition beyond the symmetric?
- To apply the thickness are this, the commands: Main Menu --> Preprocessor --> Sections --> Shell --> Lay-up --> Add/edit --> And use section offset top-plane to the plate and midplane to the stiffener?
Any advice about it is welcome!
April 20, 2018 at 6:39 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Welcome new ANSYS user.
Is there a reason you are learning Mechanical APDL user interface, which is more than 20 years old and not the Workbench user interface which was created closer to 10 years ago?
My advice is to learn the Workbench interface first. You will get to model realistic geometry more easily in Workbench, especially if you have CAD skills. Do you have a CAD program you are good at? If not, you can start learning SpaceClaim, which is included in Workbench.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.