February 28, 2023 at 4:25 amteddie smithSubscriber
I want to get a reflection data according to viewing angle.
Then I know that I need to use grating function because my structure is infinitely periodic.
But when I found an example about diffraction grating from FDTD, there were only discrete point.
I want to draw a continuous graph. I uploaded some reference graph.
So, how can I get a data from -90 (or -89) to 90(or 90) degree to this graph?
February 28, 2023 at 5:19 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
As you know, infinite period grating creates diffraction at isolated diffraction angles. So your result is correct.
As for the published result, please check the paper again. I suspect that its incidence is a cone beam, such as from a microscope objective. because of broad incident angles, it may induce continuous angular distribution. From your grating analysis, the 1st diffraction has diffraciton angle of 30deg. therefore, I guess the incident beam would have about 30 deg cone. Please check.
March 2, 2023 at 5:56 amteddie smithSubscriber
They used a normal incident light with a plane wave.
Anyway, I solved the problem. Thank you.!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.