General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Dilatancy Angle

• ADEEL_khan
      Subscriber
      I am modeling reinforced concrete, It asked for Dilatancy angle. What should be the resonable value of Dilatancy angle of concrete having compressive strength of 4000 psi.n.nThanks!nBest Regards,nADEEL_Khann
    • Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee
      nnPlease refer the following link -nnnRegards,nAshish Khemkan
    • ADEEL_khan
      Subscriber
      Sir I have no account, and when I sign-up, its say we are not accepting the gmail etc account. n
    • ADEEL_khan
      Subscriber
      Sir help me in this regard.nThank you!n
    • ADEEL_khan
      Subscriber
      Respected I am a full time student and have no company etc. so please help me in order to access the link you shared for the answers. Thanksn
    • Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee
      In the above link, is just the theory and definition of the dilatancy angle for say MW material model. nOf course we can not have any advice on what this is for specific concrete mix since this is a material property which you must find out for the specific concrete you work with, and perhaps even measure it on the concrete your are working on.nSo again, material properties are for the FEA users (yourself) to know/find out, and then input into their FEA model.nWe can thus not advice on the value of the dilatancy angle since it depends on the specific concrete you are using and you would thus need to know it or measure it (I can not advice on how it is measured since we do not do material characterization /measurements, but FEA software).nSo this is all I can say about material properties for your concrete, so you need to get them or measure them.nThank younnErikn
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.