July 29, 2019 at 1:28 pmAminSubscriber
Hi, Let us suggest that I have the two 3-D bodies presented in the image bellow. They are two elements with different material properties. the interaction is modeled by contact elements combined with cohesive zone model (CZM). If I do dimension changes in geometry (for example reduce the dimensions, to reduce the contact surface) in element number 2. should I need to re-input the material properties and reset the contact options when I do the changes or ANSYS will let the same material and contact options before the changes?.
July 29, 2019 at 3:25 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
What product are you using APDL or Mechanical?
If you use Mechanical, it is often recommended to select CAD features or use Named Selections instead of nodal selections, so that the scoping is not lost.
July 29, 2019 at 3:42 pmAminSubscriber
Thank you for your reply.I am doing a static structural analysis with Ansys workbench. Do you mean that I need to re-input the material properties (I am using APDL command for it) and re-set the contact options as the previous model (model before changes)?
July 30, 2019 at 5:39 pmWenlongAnsys Employee
If you edit the dimension in SpaceClaim and the topology of the geometry doesn't change, then the corresponding contact properties should be preserved.
Workbench provides cohesive zone models in Engineering data. If you define it there it will be independent with geometry.
July 31, 2019 at 1:59 pmAminSubscriber
Thank you Wenlong
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.