General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Dimension changes

• Amin
      Subscriber

Hi, Let us suggest that I have the two 3-D bodies presented in the image bellow. They are two elements with different material properties. the interaction is modeled by contact elements combined with cohesive zone model (CZM). If I do dimension changes in geometry (for example reduce the dimensions, to reduce the contact surface) in element number 2. should I need to re-input the material properties and reset the contact options when I do the changes or ANSYS will let the same material and contact options before the changes?. 

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

What product are you using APDL or Mechanical?

If you use Mechanical, it is often recommended to select CAD features or use Named Selections instead of nodal selections, so that the scoping is not lost.

• Amin
      Subscriber

Thank you for your reply.I am doing a static structural analysis with Ansys workbench. Do you mean that I need to re-input the material properties (I am using APDL command for it) and re-set the contact options as the previous model (model before changes)?

• Wenlong
      Ansys Employee

Hi Amin,

If you edit the dimension in SpaceClaim and the topology of the geometry doesn't change, then the corresponding contact properties should be preserved. 

Workbench provides cohesive zone models in Engineering data. If you define it there it will be independent with geometry. 

Bests,

Wenlong

• Amin
      Subscriber

Thank you Wenlong 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.