August 7, 2019 at 3:14 pm
December 19, 2019 at 6:23 pmWordsworthmoreSubscriber
I am new to Ansys, downloaded AIM student, and followed this tutorial () and seeing the same issue. It says update finished, but the cursor keeps spinning and cannot click on anything.
If I click on the stop button, I get a message saying
If I click on force stop, then the solve physics status changes to "Stopping" and thats it. Nothing else happens.
January 4, 2020 at 8:28 pmWordsworthmoreSubscriber
Well, no response here but I must be the luckiest guy, having one of my very good friends Sandeep G working in Ansys, especially on AIM (Amazing guy, great programmer and a brilliant troubleshooter). Checked in with him, he suggested few things but nothing worked. Eventually he sat down with me on teamviewer, and we did few things in particular that did the job.
1. Deleted all Ansys related stuff in %AppData% (You can type that in a file explorer)
2. Updated Graphics Driver Card (This may or may not have an impact, but it helped me)
3. Open Simulation, Go to Tools > Options > AIM -> Turn Rapid Results to OFF.
Thats it. Boom, results are flying like fireworks! Hope this does some good for you and many others to follow. It is a pity that this forum does not get enough love from the concerned support Staff. And No where did I find the step#3 mentioned!!. And guess what, I am a newbie. How would I know?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.