Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Discovery Live installation

• Tamagouin
      Subscriber

Hello,

I didn't find an answer on other topics so I created a new one but I'm sorry to ask an umpneenth question about installation issue. I've been using Discovery Live for the past two years at school but I can't install it on my new computer.

I went to this link : https://www.ansys.com/en-in/academic/free-student-products and downloaded the files for Discovery Live. But when I run as administrator the Setup.exe I got nothing to choose on the installation launcher.

Everything is in grey and I can't pick one.

Did I do something wrong ?

Thank you for your help.

Rémy

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Try everything in English. Systems language, installation language, username, installation directory, and path to your installation file, 

• Tamagouin
      Subscriber

Hello,

I don't know how but I just copied all the files and then pasted them in an other directory and it finally worked.

Thank you for your help.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

That's great ! Thank you for the update. There must be something wrong with the original path of your installation file.

Please mark the thread as 'Is Solution' , so we know this is resolved.

• leonardofsb
      Subscriber

Hello,

I have the same problem the option "install ansys product" is disabled and there is simply no way for me to click on it and proceed with the installation process. I changed the downloaded files from the folder, but to no avail. Did you change which files specifically? And went to a random folder on your pc?

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Try putting the whole package under C:Temp

If that doesn't help, try my other suggestions above.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.