Discovery Import

Discovery Import

Discovery live is not working properly

• design
      Subscriber

Dear Team,

We have an in discovery live, Until I open the discovery live and import a geometry everything works well. After the import is done, in next 2 to 3 minutes even before starting the simulation, the discovery was getting stuck. I could not able to operate or select anything. Spaceclaim standalone is working fine.

I have upgraded to latest Nvidia drivers. We are using Nvidia P5000 16GB. 

Kindly help us to resolve the issue 

• Naresh Patre
      Ansys Employee

Hello  nandangse

Can you try out the options listed in below post:

Missing Areas of the User Interface in Discovery Live

• design
      Subscriber

Hello Naresh,

As said, none of the problem statement described below is been on my computer. 

• The Discovery Live interface and toolbars may appear to be the same as Discovery SpaceClaim
      • Some toolbars or buttons may be missing
      • Discovery Live simulation functions may not be accessible
      • The Discovery Live design window may be gray or empty

Even I have uninstalled and installed discovery 19.2 and checked. After opening the discovery live , created a small cube applied force. That's it discovery live is stuck could not able to access.

Attached recorded video. Kindly have a look and suggest me the solution.

🛈 This post originally contained file attachments which have been removed in compliance with the updated Ansys Learning Forum Terms & Conditions
    • Naresh Patre
      Ansys Employee

Hello nandangse

Firstly, the 2 videos that you shared indicate that Discovery Live interface looks fine as against the points you listed out. So, can we consider that the interface problem no longer exits?

Next, to overcome the issue recorded in the videos, can you try out following:

1. Delete all file from %temp% folder

2. Go to File - Live Options - Advanced and click "Reset user Settings" as shown below?

If the above options are not working, can you send the latest log files located at %appdata%SpaceClaimLog Files? These log files have names starting with RHSolver, RHApplication and SpaceClaim.

Can you also confirm whether you updated the graphics drivers from Nvidia Website? Can you run the compatibility tool named DiscoveryLiveCompatibilityUtility.exe located at scdmCudaCheck and send the snapshot showing all details of the output?

• design
      Subscriber

Hello Naresh,

Kindly find the attached log files and compatibility utility.

Best regards

🛈 This post originally contained file attachments which have been removed in compliance with the updated Ansys Learning Forum Terms & Conditions
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.