Fluids

Fluids

Discrete Phase Model User Defined Functions for writing out particle information

• lm1016
      Subscriber

Hey all,

I have a decent UDF for writing out particle information and accumulated shear history every so often (for a large dt compared to the simulation time step) for any particle in the domain as well as writing out this info each time a particle crosses a specified boundary--the neck of an aneurysm. However, I need more entries while the particles are in a specific region of my simulation--the aneurysm. I am wondering what the best approach would be for this. 

Ideally, I'd like to have the particle data written as some (small) specified time interval while it is in the region of interest which corresponds to when the particle crosses the neck. However, I can't just decrease the dt for the file being written for every particle in the domain due to problems with post-processing. Any ideas or directions I should take? 

Thanks (:

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Please have a look into DEFINE_DPM_OUTPUT where we can develop a strategy to output information only after certain time is passed.

• seeta gunti
      Ansys Employee

DEFINE_DPM_OUTPUT is meant for modifying the FLUENT DPM output and write the particle data as user's wish. There is an example in our UDF manual section 2.5.8 @ customization manual. Please go through the section for more information.

Regards,

Seeta

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.