Fluids

Fluids

Discrete Phase Modeling

• satyam01
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am new to ANSYS FLUENT and I am trying to use DPM to simulate particle flow in air over a range of diameters. I did look into the DPM modeling strategies from ANSYS FLUENT theory guide but could not relate it to my problem. The problem description is as follows:

I am trying to inject particles into a rectangular fluid domain (no solid boundaries), depicting the case of flow through a data center floor tile laden with particles. I am not sure what specific boundary conditions to use for the discrete phase, and how to input different particle diameters and particle count for single injection type. Also, can someone please suggest other best simulation practices in such a case. The flow regime I am looking at is turbulent.

Thanks

• Raef.Kobeissi
      Subscriber
      Check this tutorial from CFD Ninja:
    • satyam01
      Subscriber

Thank you for the video but it's giving an error when I click the play button

• satyam01
      Subscriber

Also, I want to track particles in lagrangian phase. Will DDPM give me near similar results ?

• tomide
      Subscriber

hello Raef.Kobeissi I have watch your tutorial on youtube. i have  modeled the the heat transfer in nanofluid using DPM how ever during post processing im having phase one temeprature and phase 2 temeprature but I need the bulk tempearture of the two.  can you pls guild me on how to do it

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.