June 17, 2019 at 8:23 pmAragorn7Subscriber
I want to ask the following questions regarding the dispersion diagram. I'd appreciate your help.
1. To obtain the dispersion diagram of an antenna using Eigen mode solution, do we need to define a radiation box? In the Eigen mode solution, you’re not allowed to define radiation boundary. So how does simulator consider the effect of radiation on the dispersion diagram?
2. How can we obtain the dispersion diagram of an active antenna (i.e., an antenna in the presence of circuit elements) using Eigen mode solution? In the Eigen mode solution, excitations are not allowed. Hence, you can’t use SNP method. I tried lumped RLC boundaries, but I didn’t observe any change in the dispersion diagram by changing RLC values.
June 18, 2019 at 8:44 amRobAnsys Employee
Which code are you using? Most on here are Mech/CFD/software so not overly familiar with the EBU tools & terms.
June 18, 2019 at 7:02 pmAragorn7Subscriber
Thank you for the comment. In HFSS there are different types of solutions. For the dispersion diagram, it's recommended to use the Eigenmode solution. I'm not sure what code the solver is using to do the meshing and solve Maxwell equations.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to work with STL file?
- Rotate tool in ANSYS Design Modeler
- Using Symmetry in DesignModeler and Expanding the Results
- section plane
- material properties
- ANSYS FLUENT – Operation would result in non manifold bodies
- drawing a geometry by importing a table of points
- Geometry scaling
- Parameters not imported into Workbench 18.2 from Solidworks/Inventor
- Coordinates orientation
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.