General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Displacement-Time Load

• emregungor
      Subscriber

Hello,

I'm trying to simulate a analysis work from article about sandwich composite panel buckling. As mentioned in article for load condition: ''The hydraulic ram, supplied the in-plane loads based on a constant rate of displacement, 2.03 cm in 480 s''. How can I applied this condition for my setup?

Best Regards,

Emre

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Use a Static Structural analysis system. Apply a displacement of 2.03 cm to a body that can act as the ram face. Static Structural uses "time" to allocate how much displacement has occurred. You can use an End Time of 1 second. There is no velocity or inertia, it is a Static solution. At 0.5 seconds, about 1 cm of displacement will be set. You request many substeps to allow the deformation to build up slowly by turning Auto Time Stepping On. Then you can have 100 Initial, Minimum and Maximum Substeps. Don't forget to turn on Large Deformation.

• emregungor
      Subscriber

Hi Peter,

First of all, I thank to you for helping me. I tried to do what you said. But I got received error messages from software. Here, I share displacement-time graph, is that correct can you check?

https://ibb.co/nzDwBHJ (sorry I didn't upload image in forum, somethings it's wrong)

* May be not related in this topicbut I think the error messages from the software are related to both load and boundary conditions.Therfore, I want to ask you another quesiton. If you have a sandwich plate model consisting of two shell geometries as skin/face and one solid body as core material, how can you apply the simply  supported condition for lateral (along the x direction) loading?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Displacement-time graph is fine.  You should copy paste the text of the error message into your reply.  Currently, the website is broken and you can't insert images or attach files.

You can apply a boundary condition on the shell surface that represents the skin of the sandwich.

• emregungor
      Subscriber

I think you suggest only one shell surface as a sandwich structure. I guess, then I should set stack type as [CFRP/Core/CFRP]. After, I can apply simply supported boundary condition for beam or plates. Am I right?

But, in my version; I modelled three different surface. Bottom and top level shell surface for CFRP, middle level shell surface for Core. Then I set displacement for all 12 edges. When website is fix, I will share images. May be you would suggest accurate displacement for boundary condition?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.