August 11, 2018 at 1:09 pmmekafimeSubscriber
how I can enter a displacement instead of load.?
August 11, 2018 at 1:37 pm
August 11, 2018 at 4:15 pmmekafimeSubscriber
Replace load by displacement
August 11, 2018 at 6:39 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
Ok, If you are asking what the displacement will be for an analysis you carried out and want to use that instead of an equivalent force. See if the below method helps.
1. I'll try to illustrate by carrying out a tensile analysis on a box with a force of 100N being applied on one end:
2. Next, try to grab the displacement results from the Worksheet as shown:
3. Evaluate the results to see the max. displacements on the body:
You can then use these values to replace the Force boundary condition you have with a displacement.
I guess this is a very crude way of doing it and maybe someone in the community knows of a better way.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.