Fluids

Fluids

Display DPM particles in Fluent

• dk89
      Subscriber
      Hi,nI am trying to display solid particle trajectories on a compressor rotor domain. I inject the particles from the inlet, which consists of 2183 cells. The particle tracking is completed, however my screen crashes every time when I try to display the particles. My PC screen crashes even for 100 particles. The Ram is 16 GB, so I believe it is adequate for these simulations. Do you have any suggestions on how can I fix the problem? Thank you.n
    • RK
      Ansys Employee
      Hello, nWhat is the particle track style you are using to display? Can you try with lines as the track style without continuous pulses?n
    • dk89
      Subscriber
      Hi, nThank you for your help. I forgot to mention that the particle tracking is steady-state and one-way coupling. I am trying to display lines as a track style and particle velocity magnitude. I press save/display, the particle tracking is completed, however my PC screen crashes and it doesn't display the trajectories. I also tried to skip some particles, but it didn't work. Any suggestions? Thank you.n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Can you display contours etc?n
    • dk89
      Subscriber
      Yes, I can display air velocity contour for example.n
    • RK
      Ansys Employee
      Can you please try the following : nLoad the case and data to a new fluent session and try to display the particles. nSetup a test case and check if you can display the particlesn
    • Aitor
      Subscriber
      In previous versions of ANSYS Fluent, 3D arrows for vectors lead to computer crash (at least in my computer). In regards to particles, I seem to remember that the same problem occurred when displaying particles as spheresnWhich version of ANSYS Fluent are you using? Are you displaying particles as points?n
    • dk89
      Subscriber
      Hi,nI tried to load the case and data to a new fluent session, but it didn't work. The sreen crashed again.n
    • dk89
      Subscriber
      I am using ANSYS 19.2. I am displaying the particles as lines. n
    • Aitor
      Subscriber
      Could you update Fluent version?n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Can you complete a particle track, ie track rather than display? That'll confirm it's graphics over something else. n
    • dk89
      Subscriber
      Yes, I can track particles without displaying them. The problem appears when I try to display them.n
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.