Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Display error, small workbench window, small icons (student version 2022 R1 in Windows 11)

• SoSp
      Subscriber

Hello community,

I am facing a display error when I try to use workbench. Other Ansys applications seem to be displayed correctly. I noticed nothing special in the install log. It was no error log created.

Ansys cannot be found among the installed applications of windows and I get Api-errors with dll-files of Spaceclaim when I launch Workbench (event viewer applications of windows).

Event viewer log messages look like this:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SpaceClaim.Api.V3.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the path specified. File name: 'SpaceClaim.Api.V3.dll' ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: The system cannot find the path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003) at System.Reflection.AssemblyName.nGetFileInformation(String s) at System.Reflection.AssemblyName.GetAssemblyName(String assemblyFile) at System.EnterpriseServices.Internal.AssemblyManager.InternalGetGacName(String fName)

Removal of an assembly from the global assembly cache failed: C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv221SCDMSpaceClaim.Api.V4SpaceClaim.Api.V4.dll 

Please have a look at the attached screenshots and help me to find a solution.

• George Karnos
      Ansys Employee
      If 4K Display is being used , try the following:
      1.Change the High DPI settings under compatibility settings." Properties of workbench > Compatibility > Click on Override high DPI scaling "
      2. Change the "Scaling performed by" option to "System(Enhanced)"

• SoSp
      Subscriber
      I used the compatibility the troubleshooter of Windows 11 and it suggested to adjust DPI settings. It worked, so you were right either I guess.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.