General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Distorted Geometry in Spaceclaim

• Sneh Patel
      Subscriber

Hello,

I created a deformed shape in a static structure which I exported as .pmdb (because that looked the best). Then I opened the pmdb file in SpaceClaim to export it out again as .sat file (I couldn't export it as .sat from design modular). The purpose of this was to open the deformed geometry in HFSS.

However, I can't seem to convert the stl to solid body in SpaceClaim. I tried right-clicking on "solid body 1" -> convert to solid -> do not merge faces. However, I still see facets on the surface instead of a solid body.

I would really appreciate your help on this.

Picture 1: Opened the pmdb file in Spaceclaim to export it as .sat to open in HFSS.

Picture 2: Try right-clicking on "solid body 1" -> convert to solid -> do not merge faces. This was the result.

• Ankush Choudhary
      Subscriber

Hi, You need to use Facet tools  to convert it into a Solid. Please watch the below video.

">

• Sneh Patel
    Subscriber

Hi Ankush,

I followed the video but I am still getting error. The patch surface is self-intersecting. I tried the autofix as suggested in the video, but it didn't work. Can I send you the file so you can have a look at it?

Thank you,

• Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.