January 27, 2021 at 9:20 amrafafjalaoSubscriber
Hello all :)
I am trying to simulate a simply supported beam with a square section ( 10x10 mm2), length of 1 m and q of 10 N/m, with a distributed load on the top, as it is shown in the picture ( i am using E = 2e11)January 27, 2021 at 9:51 amrafafjalaoSubscriberOK, it seems that I get the right results using shell elementsJanuary 27, 2021 at 3:44 pmRahul KumbharAnsys EmployeeI think correct BC is to have fixed support on one end face and other end face is fixed in two direction while free in axial directionnJanuary 27, 2021 at 4:49 pmrafafjalaoSubscriberOk, I will check that Thank you really much!nViewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.