General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Distributed Moment Load for Shell Element (SHELL181)

• Awlad
      Subscriber

Dear Support Engineering:

I am doing a Static Structural analysis of a Composite Laminate using Mechanical APDL. I am not using ACP. The composite laminate consists of 6 plies with different ply orientation. I am using Shell Element (Shell181).

May I know what command should I use to apply "Distributed Moment Load", which is basically "Moment/Length"? For example, I checked with ANSYS command SFL. Using SFL, I can apply "pressure (PRES)", which is basically "Load/Length". So, what command should I use to apply "Moment/Length"? Any advise please? Thanks,

Awlad.

• 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      Moment is a remote boundary condition and is distributed across nodes attached to the remote point to which moment load is applied. You can check the RBE3 command which distributes the force/moment applied at an independent node to a set of dependent nodes, taking into account the geometry of the dependent nodes as well as weighting factors.
      Regards Ishan.
    • Awlad
      Subscriber
      Dear Mr. Ishan:
      I will check with RBE3 command. However, is there any command similar to SFL to apply distributed moment load along a line? Any advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks Awlad.

• Awlad
      Subscriber
      Dear Mr. Ishan:
      I am truly sorry to bother you. I looked at the RBE3 command, but not fully understood how to use it. I am trying my best to explain my problem. I have a composite laminate as shown below. The left side (x-axis) is fixed. I like to apply a "distributed moment load (My)" at the right side. Here, My = Moment/Length. I am using Mechanical APDL. So, how to apply this distributed moment? Which APDL command may I use? Please advise. Thanks Awlad.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.