November 20, 2023 at 2:30 pmSungmin YoonSubscriber
Currently I'm running transient simulation in Lumerical CHARGE, to see semiconductor device's electron & hole behavior as a function of time.
Structure is as follows: Metal/Semiconductor/p-Si/Metal.
Positive bias is applied in the form of pulse to one metal contact for 3 us, and ground is applied in the other metal contact.
I reffered to this article, seems that it's not quite adquate to my situation but anyway, it dosen't work. Modulated 'init. step size' to minimum, turned on 'gradient mixing'.
Problems are as below:
- Diverge at t=0, if I set 'convergence method' as 'limit update'
- Diverge at t=10ns, if I set convergence method as 'linear search cubic' or 'linear search bank rose'.
Meshing is fine.
Here's the geometry and settings:
November 24, 2023 at 12:07 amAmrita PatiAnsys Employee
I will come back to you when I hear back from the R&D team on this post as well.
November 24, 2023 at 12:16 amSungmin YoonSubscriber
Much appreciated, Amrita.
Just so you know, like previous post, the theree layers as 'Semiconductor' titled in caputred image, those are actually "oxide-nitride-oxide".
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ganhemt Project mistake can you help me
- How to calculate the cross-polarization efficiency and phase in FDTD
- save data error
- Simulation of a single pillar of a peltier cooler
- EME : field profile and cell periodicity
- Ansys Insight: Single frequency CW source
- What is the meaning of this error ” Bad termination of…” ?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.