June 16, 2022 at 4:53 amsrijeetaSubscriberWhen I am trying to simulate a length higher than 30 micron in FDTD( to find the transmissivity in a length higher than 30 micron),I am getting a message that the simulation is diverging,what could be the possible reasons for this?
June 16, 2022 at 5:33 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeThe first step is to make sure it is necessay to simulate 30um long. If there is a material interface in 30um, then change all the boundary conditions to Metal, and see if it diverges.
if it still diverges, then reduce dt factor and use PML again till it converges.
if using Metal BCs does not diverge it is due to PML:
if the device has higher diffraction orders, large diffraction angles, please use "Steep angle PML".
if no, you may need to use more number of PML layers, and make sure the PML thickness is about half wavelength or more. Or you may need to move away the PML from material interfaces. Please use only mesh accuracy 2 for the test. if you have override mesh, make sure its aspect ratio is not more than 5; and it is not too fine and close to PML.
More details can be found here https://forum-legacy.ansys.com/discussion/25566/ansys-insight-diverging-simulations
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.