Ansys Products

Ansys Products

dll files missing error after installation

• ShubhamS
      Subscriber

i have downloaded ansys 2019 R3, it shows MSVCP140.dll , VCRUNTIME140.dll files missing i tried to reinstall but it still shows same error 

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Go to (Default) C:Program FilesANSYS Incv195prereq  , then manually install all of these one-by-one, except the ones with MPI or opencl in the name. Make sure they are successful.

Thanks,

Win

• ShubhamS
      Subscriber

i reinstalled updated version of Microsoft Visual C++. It worked

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

great ! Thank you for the update !

• gesmaili
      Subscriber
      I am experiencing error 3221225781, when trying to run 2020R2 electronics.ncan you please help me to fix the problem. see the attached error emaiges.n
    • Waled Raban
      Ansys Employee
      also error: VCRUNTIME140.dllnhere are the imagesnnn
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      For the configuration failure, please try setting the environment variable ANSYS_EM_DONOT_PRELOAD_3DDRIVER_DLL=1 to get around the problem.nnFor guidance on creating an Environment Variable please refer to this link. You need to create a NEW Variable.nhttps://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/r-enterprise/1.5.1/oread/creating-and-modifying-environment-variables-on-windows.html#GUID-DD6F9982-60D5-48F6-8270-A27EC53807D0nnNew Variable Name:ANSYS_EM_DONOT_PRELOAD_3DDRIVER_DLLnNew Variable Value:1nnCan you search your C:drive for MSVCP140.dll to see if the file exists? Please also open a Windows command prompt and run the command set PATH and send the full output.nnThanksnMattn
    • Waled Raban
      Ansys Employee
      Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.508]n (c) 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.nnC:\Windows\system32>set pathn Path=C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Users\gesma\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Users\gesma\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\binn PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSCn
    • Waled Raban
      Ansys Employee
      He doesn't have MSVCP140.dll, he has MSVCP140_1.dll and MSVCP140_2.dll. See image.nn
    • Waled Raban
      Ansys Employee
      also, VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing toonnn
    • Waled Raban
      Ansys Employee
      I sent him a copy of my MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll files. He copied them to C:/Windows/System32 and now Electronics Desktop works.n
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      Have you tried reinstalling the prerequisites manually from the installation files? Try installing the .NET Framework and the Visual C++ Redistributables.n
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.