March 21, 2022 at 10:50 amEl_ManguanguaSubscriber
Hey, I hope you are all doing great, just as the title says, I was wondering, within the context of a Fluid-Structure Interaction (FSI) simulation in ANSYS, if I need to consider the weight of the aircraft as well as the weight of the air while they're interacting. I've seen people neglecting these effects and I've been told by other people that I should neglect these effects myself.
In the case of air, I actually get it, since it has low density, it may actually not have an important effect, but in the wing structure case, I just do not see why self-weight should be neglected since there is some "static deformation" given exclusively by this static force, what do you say?
I get that adding gravity effects may enlarge simulation time, but isn't it worth it?March 22, 2022 at 2:14 pmAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
You can consider gravity effects for the sake of completeness. You can even load the structure under self-weight and the use the deformed shape in future analysis.
Regards Ashish Khemka
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.