Fluids

Fluids

DO radiation model and coupled walls issue

• Muhamad Eldebawy
      Subscriber

Hello guys,

I would like to model a solar collector that have one semi transparent zone and one opaque zone.

I use DO model as I am interested in the behaviour and heat transfer inside the two solid zones.

My issue is when I put two different solid zones together the fluent creates wall and wall-shadow and they are thermally coupled. The two walls should have the same type of material and surface type (semi-transparent or opaque).

I am wondering what is the right configuration for this wall consider it as opaque and take the properties of opaque wall or semi-transparent.

I always find difference in the temperature of the " wall" and "wall-shadow" should they have the same temperature as they are thermally coupled ?

Thanks a lot

• Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello,nIf you are seeing different temperatures between the two walls, you might have a convergence issue. nPlease check your energy balance. You might have to converge the model deeper.nKarthikn
    • Muhamad Eldebawy
      Subscriber
      No I do not have any convergence issue I just add a thickness to this wall n
    • YasserSelima
      Subscriber
      He means are the residuals reaching low values? nSo, the wall has thickness, or not?n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.