LS Dyna

LS Dyna

Documentation about UCOUPLE2OTHER

• st161532
      Subscriber

Hi,

I'm searching for a method in LS-DYNA to couple the simulation to another Solver. For this I need to use implicit coupling which requires me to backup the state of lsdyna and set the simulation time back to a previous step. In the Manual, I found under *MODULE_USE that there are user subroutines couple2other_dt and other similar ones. However, I can find no further documentation anywhere about this subroutine and some of the other subroutines listed there. Where can I find something about these functions?

Is there a easier way to control ls-dyna to couple it to a different solver like openFOAM? It seems to be possible to do implicit timestepping via the *CONTROL_IMPLICIT_GENERAL keyword. Is it possible to use this functionality for other solvers or to view the functionality in the code?

Kind regards

• Ushnish Basu
      Ansys Employee
      These user subroutines are activated by an undocumented card *COUPLE_TO_OTHER_CODESthat takes two parameters:
      SEGID (I10): Segment set ID,
      OTHERINPUT (A70): Input file for other code
      LS-DYNA is coupled to the other code at the specified segment set - LS-DYNA passes the nodal motion on the segment set to the other code, which in turn provides the forces to be applied on the segment set.
      This card is available only for MPP. The relevant subroutines are available in the file couple2other_user.F in the appropriate usermat package.
      Brief descriptions of the routines are as follows (details are in the Fortran file mentioned above):
      -couple2other_reader: to read the parameters of the input deck for the other code
      -couple2other_extra: to define which extra variables (velocities, accelerations) are needed by the other code. The nodal positions are given by default.
      -couple2other_dt: to control the time step.
      -couple2other_comm: to control the number of processes involved in the coupling.
      -couple2other_boxminmax: to define a box enclosing the computational domain of the other model.
      -couple2other_givex: to give the positions of the nodes involved in the coupling.
      -couple2other_getf: to get the forces applied on the nodes involved in the coupling

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.