April 22, 2021 at 2:31 pmChris KopetskiAnsys EmployeeTWLM is based on the standard laser rate equations, so it does not use distribution function directly. But the MQW solver uses Fermi distribution function when calculating gain as a function of carrier density. This gain can then be used as input to TWLM. Also CHARGE solver can use both Fermi or Boltzmann. Detailed information about the MQW solver and the physics can be found in this article:nhttps://support.lumerical.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037856374nAlso check:nhttps://support.lumerical.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036108274-Laser-TW-TWLM-INTERCONNECT-Elementnhttps://www.lumerical.com/products/mqw/nnQuestion migrated from the Lumerical Knowledge Exchangen
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Lumerical support has moved to the Ansys Learning Forum (ALF)
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- focusing efficiency