Photonics

Photonics

doubt in applying boundary conditions in lumerical charge

• sj_123
      Subscriber

Hi,I am new to Lumerical Device and I am trying to simulate my stack (figure attached) and get the responsivity. I am following the page-

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee
      Metal materials in CHARGE are considered as one of the contacts, which should have voltage associated relative to ground. In you device if the metal layer is not to function as contact, you will need to modify its material either as semiconductor, or insulator, depending on its function there. I guess there will be charges traveling in this layer, so most likely you will need to set its material properties to be semiconductor. Please refer this link to get some info: https://support.lumerical.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034919133
      It is understandable that users may lack the material property parameters for metal to be semiconductor. It will need trial and error, by carefully considering the actual function of the metal layer.
    • puja
      Subscriber
      Hi. I am having same problem. I have used a semiconductor as the contact material as you said but it says "no electrical property defined' What can I do?
    • Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee
      It might mean that the contact has not assigned a proper metal material. Please check the material.
      If you really want to use semiconductor, you have to modify its property to be metal-like .
      You may file a feature request if your device uses semiconductor as contact: Vote new features, and file your feature request
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.