September 17, 2021 at 6:00 amsj_123Subscriber
Hi,I am new to Lumerical Device and I am trying to simulate my stack (figure attached) and get the responsivity. I am following the page-September 17, 2021 at 5:37 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeMetal materials in CHARGE are considered as one of the contacts, which should have voltage associated relative to ground. In you device if the metal layer is not to function as contact, you will need to modify its material either as semiconductor, or insulator, depending on its function there. I guess there will be charges traveling in this layer, so most likely you will need to set its material properties to be semiconductor. Please refer this link to get some info: https://support.lumerical.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034919133
It is understandable that users may lack the material property parameters for metal to be semiconductor. It will need trial and error, by carefully considering the actual function of the metal layer.
March 5, 2022 at 7:30 pmpujaSubscriberHi. I am having same problem. I have used a semiconductor as the contact material as you said but it says "no electrical property defined' What can I do?
March 8, 2022 at 12:15 amGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeIt might mean that the contact has not assigned a proper metal material. Please check the material.
If you really want to use semiconductor, you have to modify its property to be metal-like .
You may file a feature request if your device uses semiconductor as contact: Vote new features, and file your feature request
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.