March 22, 2022 at 3:22 pmnepSubscriber
I am modelling a steel plate which is exposed to solar radiation. I would like to know how the wavelength bands filtering of the spectrum works in FLUENT because there is not much information in the ANSYS manual...
For example, if I want to filter the visible spectrum band (380-780 nm), in direct solar radiation should I introduce the 900 w/m2? and this process is already in charge of filtering the 900 w/m2.
Or, should I enter in direct solar radiation the 479 w/m2 that occupies approximately the visible spectrum, so that it goes according to the band?
Thank you very much for the information and help.March 23, 2022 at 1:30 pmKRAdministratorHello:
Can you not use "Spectral Fraction" for this?
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.