Fluids

Fluids

Doubt related to particle size in DPM

• Aitor
      Subscriber
      I am injecting particles with a diameter of 2.5 mm, with only one physical model enabled: breakup (KHRT). When displaying particle tracks, I see that there are many particles with diameter greater than 2.5 mm. Why is happening this? n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Check through the settings in DPM models. Also click on Stochastic collision, turn off coalesence and then turn collision back off. It shouldn't do anything but it was a glitch in the original model. n
    • Aitor
      Subscriber
      I have clicked on stochastic collision, turn off coalescence and then turn back collision off, even though I get the same solution. I have checked everything, and I have only one physical model enabled: Breakup. How can particle diameter grow if I do not have coalescence enabled?n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      I assume the injection is single size and no (wall film) splashing on walls? n
    • Aitor
      Subscriber

I assume the injection is single size and no (wall film) splashing on walls?https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/comment/113034#Comment_113034

Yesn
    • Aitor
      Subscriber
      Anyone can help me? It seems that it is a bug of Fluent R2021.nI would also like to ask if it is possible to add a UDF in order to disable breakup if a certain condition is met. This is a way to model solidification of the discrete phase.n
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.