September 11, 2020 at 3:12 pmskdubeySubscriberDear guys,nQuestions:na. For Fluid Volume Extract which is enclosed within the structural component, Do we need to provide any connection ? which one will be the best one(e.g bonded) or we can just suppress it? I am getting a lot of cyclic dependence error on that.nb. Volume Extract Fluid in space claim show component in terms of Volume , Solid and Surface?, If it is Volume Is it hollow structure?. So if that volume have the fluid it must be converted to the solid ? and if not then can we use the volume for the fluent simulation? whats the difference in both.? nc. Does Fluid Volume must be continuous to get the flow behavior, what if there is discontinuous due to some component mechanics. How to approach such problemnE.g. If there is enclosed channel and crossing over the hill, in that case the flow is intermittent and depending on the entrance pressure to push fluid over the gravity can only make complete continuous flow on other side. what if in any application we don't have that information on entrance pressure or it is secondary information arise due to some external affects?n
September 11, 2020 at 3:27 pmRobAnsys EmployeeFor CFD we need a continuous volume or we can use interface boundary conditions to connect up touching (but not connected) volumes. For the water example, read up on the VOF model: the flow is continuous as air (or vapour) will be present where water isn't. n
September 11, 2020 at 8:23 pmskdubeySubscriberHi Rob,nthanks for your valuable comment, nwhat if there is surface solid as interface between fluid. n
September 14, 2020 at 1:22 pmRobAnsys EmployeeIf it's a solid between two fluids (eg in a heat exchanger) then you can use a wall. n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Heat transfer coefficient
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.