Ansys Products

Ansys Products

(DP 0) Available disk space (0.07 GB) is running out. Ansys Workbench help

• james.hockaday
      Subscriber

I left a simulation to run over the weekend, sequentially. Had six trees in a row to calculate and when it reached tree 4 I got the error message:

"(DP 0) Availed disk space (0.07 GB) is running out, please free space on this drive before writing the data file."

I have now freed up the space but do not know how to continue the calculation:

Calculation paused, not sure how to resume it.

Do I just need to wait for this to resume itself, or is there something that I can do to nudge it on its way?

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
    • james.hockaday
      Subscriber

Hi Keyur.

You have marked this as duplicate, and then linked my post. Is this a mistake?

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Sorry by mistake I maked this as duplicate. 

Please stop the run and then update DPs again. 

Please go through help manual for more details 

Regards,

Keyur

How to access Ansys Online Help Document

Guidelines on the Student Community

• james.hockaday
      Subscriber

Hi Keyur

This does not work for me (I'm guessing you were referring to the "Interuptin an Update Process" section. The status details become "Interrupting Solution Update", but nothing is happening. This must be a fualt in the underlying code that when an error like this occurs it causes the program to become completely corrupted - very bad code if that is the case, and should really be patched.

Just directing vaguely to the Ansys manual is not helpful, it is far too large and tricky to navigate. I have a suspicion that this is deliberate to force users to pay for courses and consulting. when all that is necessary is a paragraph of text to direct the user through necessary recovery steps.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

You can interupt the process. If that does not work, please check the task manager which process is going on and try to kill that process. This is very rude way but it may work. If that does not work then you will need to start orginal file again. 

• james.hockaday
      Subscriber

Hi Keyur. Yes I had to brute force the closure of the program. Will need to restart the calculations from scratch. So it turns out filled memory capacity causes a catestrophic failure for Ansys Workbench.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.