Fluids

Fluids

DP for FLUENT in Workbench not updating

• desouzadacosta
      Subscriber

Hi All,

I want to execute a DP study using fluent and workbench, some parameters are properties(in a previous discussion the issue was solved).

I assembled the DP table but it was not updating any of the DP.

I am adding the pics of the issue.

Any expert advice would be very welcome, as I believe this kind of parametric runs is useful for all Fluent users.

• RK
      Ansys Employee

Hello,

In the workbench window under the Project tab, when you click on the "Parameter Set" (which is shown in the first picture you have inserted) you will get a tab named "Properties of Schematic: Parameter Set". Can you change the value of  "Retained Design Point" to "Update Full Project" and try again. 

• desouzadacosta
      Subscriber

Thanks for the reply.

I just tried that but the problem persist.

• RK
      Ansys Employee

What is the error message you getting?

• desouzadacosta
      Subscriber

It just does not say too much :

(DP 0) Update fo Solution Component in FluidFlow (Fluent) for Design Point 0 failed: Update Solution Failed

By the way I using some properties as input parameters, following similar Fluent TUI commands as below :

(after adding nitrogen fluid in materials):
      /define/parameters/input-parameters/advance> use-in

Select type:> scheme-proc
      Name of parameter ["parameter-3"] rho-p
      rho-p value [0] 0.06
      Enter the name/body of apply-function [] (lambda (value) (ti-menu-load-string (format #f "/define/materials/change-create nitrogen nitrogen yes boussinesq ~g no no no no no no" value)))

It is running fine inside Fluent, but not in workbench.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Double check the documentation regarding scheme based input parameter.
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      you need to do that only once and not every time.
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      And the parameters to be then provided vis startup scheme if procedure is used.
    • desouzadacosta
      Subscriber

Hi Amine,

Thanks for the output. I only found section 7.1.8.2.3 in the Fluent Users Guide.

I am trying to understand, what you said : "do that only once and not every time" and

"provided vis startup scheme". Can you give some sample lines of code(or section numbers) to acquire that ?

Best, Alex

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.