Fluids

Fluids

DPM Inert Particles and Wall Boundary settings

• rajnarayang
      Subscriber
      I was recently running a steady state DPM analysis with inert particles. My geometry is a pipe bend followed by Y-split. My intention was to see how the bulk flow and DPM particles split between the legs of Y-split. nI started with trap boundary condition for wall and the Y-split exits and noticed that almost 90% of particles were trapped by walls (only 10% made it to the exit). Then I tried Reflect condition (with normal and tangential coefficients 0) . My assumption was that with the co-effs being zero, it will act as a stick condition. But I observed that all the particles made it to the exits. Later, I tried reflect with co-effs being 1, and still got the same result as I got with co-effs of 0.nFinally, I tried wall-jet (even though the Inviscid Jet theory may not hold for inert particles). The result was remarkable close to reflect condition. Now I am curious as to why these results are similar.nCan you please help me understand this better?n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      It is not a question of what works better it is rather a question what is really required here to mimic at best the real behavior. If you do not anything then stick to default refelect with default coefficients of restitution or make them dependent on the impact angle.n
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.